The Houston Chronicle points out that Regent Box is also Gov Perry's treasurer for his reelection campaign. But this is balanced by at least one member being a contributor to Hutchinson. Vision 1920 does not know if there are any Friedman supporters on the committee, however.
- Chair: Regent Richard Box, A&M System Board of Regents
- Regent Ida Clement Steen, A&M System Board of Regents
- Regent Lupe Fraga, A&M System Board of Regents
- Dr. John Junkins, Distinguished Professor; Regents Professor; Director, Center for Mechanics and Control, Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Dr. Tim Hall, Distinguished Professor; Director, Institute of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology
- Dr. Robert Bednarz, Speaker, Faculty Senate; Professor, Department of Geography
- Dr. Mark Hussey, Vice Chancellor and Dean of College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Former Head of Soil & Crop Sciences Department
- Dr. Antonio Cepeda-Benito, Dean of Faculties and Associate Provost
- Mr. Eric Beckham, Student Body President
- Ms. Meredith Maloney, President, Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medicine Assn.
- Ms. Shelley Potter, Chair of the Board, The Association of Former Students
- Mr. Thomas Saylak, Chairman of Board of Trustees, Texas A&M Foundation
- Mr. Neal Adams, Attorney; Former Vice Chair and Member, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Dr. David Parrott, Executive Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Student Life
- Dr. Frank Ashley, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, A&M System
Regent Fraga was also on the 2007 search committee, which failed to offer the Regents a real choice. Vision 1920 speculates that the full Board is giving Fraga a second chance to show he won't fall for the faculty's Jedi mind tricks again.