In his latest campaign report, Perry collected $106,000 from five A&M regents - all of them his appointees. But a review of the latest campaign reports indicates that when it comes to money from College Station, challenger Kay Bailey Hutchison is the favorite of Aggieland.This is what Vision 1920 means by shared governance. TAMU should be run by people who share something with the Governor.
Hutchison raised more than $27,000 from College Station contributors - among them, professors, administrators, A&M boosters and an associate dean. Also, former A&M President Ray Bowen gave Hutchison $1,250. Perry got less than $500 from College Station.
- Chairman Foster is on Perry's Statewide Finance Committee and gave $25,000 to Texans for Perry in June.
- Vice-Chairman Wilson and his wife are on Perry's Statewide Finance Committee.
- Regent Adams is on Perry's Statewide Finance Committee Adams gave $25,000 to Texans for Perry in January 2008, and another $50,000 in June.
He also currently serves on the board of the Texas Public Policy Foundation...
- Regent Dr. Box was 2006 Treasurer Texans for Rick Perry. He gave $5,000 to Texans for Perry in May 2008 and another $5,000 in June.
- Regent Fraga is on Perry's Statewide Finance Committee and gave $1,000 to Texans for Perry in June.
- Regent Jones
In December of 2000, Mr. Jones moved to Austin and served as the General Counsel to the Office of the Governor for Governor Rick Perry until November 2003.
- Regent Schwertner is a regular Perry contributor who gave $4000 to Texans for Rick Perry in 2008 and another $25,000 in June
- Regent Stallings was TAMU head football coach while Perry was a student at TAMU
- Regent Ida Clement "Weisie" Steen is the wife of DPS commissioner John Steen, a Regional finance chair on Perry's Statewide Finance Committee
- Former Regent, the late JL Huffines was the father of Perry's 2006 campaign chairman. Huffines gave $75K to Perry's 2000 campaign.
- Chancellor McKinney was Perry's Chief of Staff
- Former System General Council Jay Kimbrough worked for Perry before and after being at TAMUS.
- Mark Ellison, Associate Vice Chancellor for Economic Development is the former director of the Emerging Technology Fund.
- Vice Chancellor Diedrich is described as close to Perry, and was on a marathon relay team with him in 2005