Former students of The Texas A&M Hispanic Network will host their bi-annual Summit on the Texas A&M University campus this fall semester. With a focus on "The Changing Face of Texas: Achieving the Dream of Vision 2020 Imperative 6," the Summit will take place Thursday and Friday September 10 and 11, 2009. Interested faculty and staff are invited to attend and participate in the Summit. To defray costs this year, a $50 registration fee is being charged for the event.
The program will include a panel featuring distinguished legislators from across Texas. Other anticipated speakers include:
For more information about the Summit and to register, visit www.tamhn.org. Questions? Call 979.862.4440 or email HispanicSummit@tamu.edu.
- Dr. Raymund Paredes, commissioner, The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board,
- Dr. Michael D. McKinney, chancellor, The Texas A&M University System,
- Dr. R. Bowen Loftin, interim president, Texas A&M University,
- Mr. Pete Garcia, vice president (retired), Continental Airlines, and
- Mr. Bill Flores '76, past chair, Texas A&M Association of Former Students.
The same event described at the Hispanic Network site:
Fellow Aggies, as you are probably now aware, we have had a very rough year with the resignation of President Murano. Our TAMHN leadership have met with the chancellor, Chairman of the Board of Regents and the Interim President to express our concerns and continued dedication to achieving the goals of Vision 2020 and Imperative 6.The latter doesn't mention the $50 fee, or that Loftin and McKinney are scheduled for just 15 minutes each.
This is leadership! Vision 1920 bets that members of Congress wish they'd had the idea to charge a registration fee for the recent town hall meetings.